To our Valued Patients,
We understand that many patients are anxious about the spread of coronavirus in our community and across the globe. With so much being reported, we feel that it is important to provide you with an update on our current situation as well as provide you with information on how to protect yourself. We want our patients to know that Greater Washington Advanced Podiatry, LLC has protocols and systems in place to ensure the health and safety of our patients, visitors and our team during your appointment.
We have put in place these additional safeguards:
- Reduced patient appointments per hour in an effort to keep a limited number of patients in the office at any one time.
- Waiting room chairs are sanitized throughout the day.
- At your request, you may call from your car upon arrival to check-in and remain in your car until we call you and let you know your treatment room has been sterilized and available for your appointment.
- All patient points of contact are wiped clean after each visit to include not only the treatment room but an x-ray, ultrasound, check-in and check out areas, bathrooms, and waiting room and all door handle.
- At the request of our local ERs and physician colleagues, we remain open. We can help to reduce the burden on critical health care resources. With you as our patient, we strive to keep our patients out of hospitals, primary care physician offices, and urgent care facilities during this pandemic crisis.
- Greater Washington Advanced Podiatry is open by appointment only during normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM so that we can continue to care for our patients. If you have a scheduled appointment with us, please plan to keep this appointment unless you have traveled outside of the United States within the last 30 days or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, congestion, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath. If you have traveled outside of the United States within the last 30 days or you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please call our office to reschedule your appointment (301) 515-FEET (3338). This scheduling protocol applies not only to currently scheduled patients but any patient calling to make an appointment.
We recognize that the threat of coronavirus may be unnerving; however, the vast majority of individuals who contract coronavirus deal with symptoms similar to a bad cold or flu and recover at home. Those who are most at risk of serious illness include the elderly and those with a pre-existing medical condition. The best way to prevent coronavirus is to stay home and away from people you know are sick, or who are under investigation for the virus. You can also protect yourself by washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that has at least 60% alcohol. Try to refrain from touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
The most important steps to take are the same as for every cold and flu season:
- Stay home, especially when you are sick.
- Practice good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Plan how you will take care of sick family members. Make plans for childcare if you are sick or if your child is sick. Have a thermometer at home so you can check for fever if you or a loved one feels ill.
- Try to get a few extra month’s worths of your prescription medications, if possible
- Stay informed – check regularly the CDC site
Maryland Department of Health site
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html for new updates.
As healthcare providers, the health and safety of our patients is our number one priority and we are taking every measure to try to protect you and our team during this crisis. We will continue to keep you updated if our hours of operation change.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office at (301) 515-FEET (3338).
Dr. Chris Majewski, Dr. Tanno Kaur & All of our wonderful staff!